Top 10 largest solar power plants in Vietnam
In the system of factories and clusters of solar power plants that have been put into operation and connected to the national grid, the top 10 largest solar power plants in Vietnam by January 2021 include:
1. Xuan Thien Ea Sup solar power plant cluster, built in Ia Lop commune, Ea Sup district, Dak Lak province.
Phase 1 has a capacity of 600 MW (equivalent to 831 MWp), including 5 factories. In which, the capacity of Xuan Thien Ea Sup 1 (100 MW), Xuan Thien Ea Sup 2 (100 MW), Xuan Thien Ea Sup 3 (100 MW), Xuan Thien Ea Sup 4 (150 MW), Xuan Thien Ea Sup 5 (150 MW).
Xuan Thien Ea Sup Solar power plant was started in April 2020, energized, and put into phase 1 of operation on November 15, 2020.
Xuan Thien Ea Sup Solar power plants cluster has a total designed capacity of up to 2,000 MW (equivalent to 2,800 MWp). Phase II with a capacity of 1,400 MW will be constructed in 2021.
2. Dau Tieng 1, 2, and 3 solar power plants cluster, built in Tan Hung and Tan Phu communes (Tan Chau district), Suoi Da commune (Duong Minh Chau district) in Tay Ninh province.
Total design capacity adds up to 500 MW, including 3 factories – Dau Tieng 1 (150 MW), Dau Tieng 2 (200 MW), Dau Tieng 3 (150 MW).
Dau Tieng solar power plant project started in June 2018. On September 7, 2019, Dau Tieng 1 and 2 solar power plants were inaugurated and put into operation with a capacity of 350 MW (420 MWp).
3. Trung Nam Thuan Nam solar power plant, built in Phuoc Minh commune, Thuan Nam district, Ninh Thuan province.
The plant has a total capacity of 450 MW.
The Trung Nam Thuan Nam solar power project was inaugurated and connected to the national power grid from October 12, 2020.
4. Phu My solar power plant cluster, built in My An commune, My Thang commune, Phu My district, Binh Dinh province,
The cluster has a total capacity of 330 MW, including three plants with a capacity of: 120 MW, 110 MW and 100 MW, respectively.
Phu My Binh Dinh solar power project began construction on May 29, 2020. On December 31, 2020, the plant has energized phase 1 and put into commercial operation 216 MW out of a total capacity of 330 MW. In the first quarter of 2021, the remaining capacity will be put into operation.
5. BIM 1, 2, 3 solar power plant cluster, built in Phuoc Minh commune, Thuan Nam district, Ninh Thuan province.
The total capacity is 314 MW (equivalent to 330 MWp), including 3 plants factory capacity BIM 1 30 MWp, BIM 2 250 MWp, BIM 3 50 MWp.
On January 23, 2018, BIM1 solar power project began construction. Then, in June and August BIM 3 and BIM 2, respectively, began construction.
On April 27, 2019, the cluster of three BIM factories 1, 2, 3 was inaugurated and put into commercial operation.
6. Hong Phong 1A-1B solar power plant cluster, built in Hong Phong commune, Bac Binh district, Binh Thuan province
The total capacity adds up to 250 MW, including 2 plants: Hong Phong 1A plant with the capacity of 150 MW, and Hong Phong 1B with the capacity of 100 MW.
Hong Phong 1A-1B solar power plant officially operated commercially from June 4, 2019, then held its inauguration on July 15, 2019.
7. Hoa Hoi solar power plant, built in Hoa Hoi commune, Phu Hoa district, Phu Yen province.
The project has a total capacity of 214 MW (equivalent to about 257 MWp).
Hoa Hoi solar power project held the ground-breaking ceremony on November 17, 2018. On June 25, 2019, the factory was inaugurated and put into commercial operation.
8. Trung Nam Ninh Thuan solar power plant, built in Bac Phong commune, Loi Hai commune, Thuan Bac district, Ninh Thuan province, with a total capacity of 204 MW.
Trung Nam Ninh Thuan solar power project started construction on July 7, 2018. On April 27, 2019, the inauguration ceremony was held.
9. Xuan Thien Thuan Bac solar power plant, built in Bac Phong commune, Thuan Bac district, Ninh Thuan province, with a total capacity of 200 MW/256 MWp.
Xuan Thien Thuan Bac solar power plant started construction in September 2018; successfully energised, it was officially connected to the national power grid on the morning of February 25, 2020.
10. Sao Mai Solar PV1 solar power plant, built in An Hao commune, Tinh Bien district, An Giang province, total capacity 210 MWp.
On July 6, 2019, Sao Mai Solar PV1 inaugurated the phase with a capacity of 104 MWp. Phase 2 with a capacity of 106 MWp will be completed by the end of December 2020.
V-COATING is a leading manufacturer with expertise and experience in manufacturing all kinds of steel frame for solar projects with a variety of designs and models suitable for each customer’s project terrain.
Solar battery products are automatically processed and fabricated on Forming line and hot-dip galvanized according to customer’s technical requirements and current international standards (ISO 9001; 18TCN 04-92; ASTM A123; JIS H8641 etc.). Our steel frame supporting system for solar panels is resistant to intense salt, wind and sun environments.
Please contact us via Customer Service Departments below for advice and quotations:
Mike Nguyen (Mr.)